Sometimes it’s hard to localize a bug, but I prepared a small checklist that you can use in case you got stuck.
- Did you check product logs? Did you get errors, warnings, tracebacks?
- Did you check how information is stored in the database? Is it correct or corrupted?
- Can you reproduce it on an older product version?
- Check browser console. You can find a treasure there?
- Check your bug tracker. Probably your colleagues already found this big and the reason for it, but no one ever fixed it.
- Search on Google! It could be caused by some package/driver incompatibility or dependencies updates.
- Don’t hesitate! Ask developers, they know products from another side and can direct you.
Write in the comments how do you follow bugs. I would be happy to learn what methods do you use. Happy testing and coding!